- Desktop Linux Support page at Research Computing. Primarily for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, for which college holds and administers campus educational license, but other Linux distributions may be supported too.
Documentation originally created for users of Linux at Math Department and sometimes with the Math Department systems in mind, i.e. mostly Debian/Ubuntu. However it is generally applicable to Linux workstations and servers at large.
Mini-HOWTOs for Linux on desktop:
- Secure Connections
- Dartmouth VPN
- Math VPN
- Configuring Email Clients and the DND
- Backing up your files
- GnoKart (Kerberos authentication software for UNIX)
- Aladdin eToken
- Connecting to Dartmouth Secure Wireless Network
Parts of the Math Department sysadmin documentation:
- This is a snapshot of DOSC wiki ca. 2005. It was so much more than just a Linux wiki...